Your membership in the Religion and Spirituality Special Interest Group of AAIDD provides you with access to the Journal of Disability & Religion. Keep up with current conversations on disability and theology by many of the leading voices in this area, as well as investigate historical roots.
We have included below updated information on how to access the Journal of Disability & Religion with your Division membership. Going forward, you can find these step-by-step instructions on our activities & resources page.
Here’s how to access the journal:
- Login to your account on www.aaidd.org
- Select “Journals” under “Publications” which is on the top of your screen.
- You will find the AAIDD Journals listed first, and then the Journal of Disability & Religion (currently listed as the Journal of Religion, Disability, & Health).
- Select the “view” button to the right, which looks like this:
- This will bring you to a page with a “Click here to access the journal” link that will remain active for 5 minutes.
- Follow the link, and you will be brought to a page that lists links for all volumes, from “Latest Articles back to Volume 1 from 1994.
Journal of Disability & Religion
The Journal of Disability & Religion provides an interfaith, interdisciplinary forum for people interested in the intersections of religion, disability, human services, and academic research to come together, meet, and learn. The aim of this exchange is to support people with disabilities and their families as well as those who are working with them in the purview of their faith communities and traditions. It addresses religious and spiritual practices and beliefs from the perspective of inclusive communities for people with disabilities.